Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Gray Zone...

So. Today was an interesting day. I felt really sick halfway through the day and had to leave work early. Lame! But I was able to sleep and hopefully this massive headache and icky stomach feel better by tomorrow.

So another funny thing that happened to me today, well I guess the only funny thing since being sick is never humorous...I found my first gray hair. Yep. Gray. In my head.

At first I wasn't sure if it was a gray hair or not because this one time, I thought I was going gray and it really was just my facewash that had benzoyl peroxide in it and it was bleaching my hair. Yeah, I know, it shouldn't even be in my hair, but it was. Anyway, so I'm in the bathroom washing my hands and I notice this hair in my part that is way lighter than the rest of my hair. Keep in mind, I have almost black hair, so I should have noticed this light stray way before now.
I look at it and am hesitant because of the face wash thing, but it is only one hair and not a patch. So I go back into my office and ask the girls if it looks gray. My worst fear was confirmed. I plucked it out immediately and found that it was 90% gray! The end was still dark but it was already lightening up!

I don't really have a fear of getting old, I just am being vain and don't want to look old. Not that gray hair is bad or looks bad on everyone, but in my own personal opinion, I don't want it. So needless to say, I will be dying my hair this weekend. Even if it is just one. I know it's ridiculous to some but even dying your hair makes you feel so much better and leaves your hair feeling so soft. One more excuse to do it. Oh and I might be getting pictures taken, so I will have yet another excuse.

Well, there was my lame rant of the day. But I wanted to document when I got my first gray hair. I'm growing up and yet another part of adulthood has been met in my life. Oh how I love being grown up. I wish there was a font for sarcasm.

Well, have a good day. I am off to recovery of this icky feeling of being ill!

-Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment